04 November 2008

hello, australia!!


It's always fascinating for me to check out my stat counter to see who has been visiting my blog...I always wonder, who on earth could that be? out there in Canada? Brazil? Gent? Portland? Seattle? Chicago? ... and Qatar?! Who are you? what is your life like? why do you find it interesting to look into my life?? But there are always a handful of hits that I know exactly who it is...

That one arrow pointing all the way over in Australia... Arienne, I know you're out there!!! Hello! I miss you! Won't you come back to Amsterdam soon? How dare you regularly check out my blog without commenting ; )

Arienne is a dear friend of mine, a true Dutchie who has been traveling the world since May. She's made her stops in the States (including attending Francis Schaeffer's L'Abri in Massachusetts, seeing me while I was in Colorado and several stops in California) the Cook Islands, New Zealand, Australia, and finally she will end her travels in Thailand before making her way back to Amsterdam: She's so Adventurous!!... Amsterdam is not the same without her here : ( This picture was taken in Denver back in July. We had eaten breakfast at the Egg and I before I said goodbye and sent her on her way to Salt Lake City by train...sigh.


As for the rest of you...Who are you? I'd like to introduce myself, "Hello! my name is Naomi."

7 comments:

treasure said...

hello Naomi! i don't know how many hits you get from portland, or, but i'm one of them... this is treasure... i worked at the shelter with Heidi in 2002-2003. your words and creativity are inspiring. that's why i keep coming back! :o)

Erin said...

Hi Naomi,
this is Erin from CO. I love hearing your updates and seeing your pictures!
glad you're doing well!
Erin

Amber said...

Hi Naomi! It's me, Amber...but you already know I read your blog...What I don't know is how to figure out that map thingy...I have stat counter, but I've never figured out how to tell where people are (even though that's why I signed up!)

Naomi said...

Hi Treasure! Of course I remember you! Nice to hear from you again : )

Hi Erin! Are you the Erin that I think you are? The one from FC?

Amber, the scoop about stat counter. Click on the 'recent visitor activity'...You should be able to see the city, state, country...the web server, even the web address from which the person found your blog...Let me know if you have more questions!

MacRae said...

Naomi! I love your blog too. And Neil too when he's got you for his surprise!

see you on the morrow.

liefs km

Anonymous said...

im in chicago at the moment. this is my first time looking at your blog after reading that incredible article you sent me! what a woman, and what a WRITER you are! we have to stay in some kind of touch, you make me see the world from a wider lens! big hug, thanks for your warmth! katie

Debbie H. said...

Naomi,
I am constantly amazed at what a small world this earth can be -- witness the way I found my way to your blog just now.

I am on the board of a nonprofit, Village Enterprise Fund (VEF), and recently did some analysis of gifts from our donors over the past three years. In my inbox today there was a "Google Alert" of some mentions of Village Enterprise Fund on the web. One was a Dutch blogger, working in Beijing, named Sander Chan. Is he a friend of yours?

I went to his blog/site (http://www.sanderchan.com/2010/01/wat-vinden-we-van-deze-campagne.html) where he mentions Village Enterprise Fund at the bottom. As I scrolled down his page, your name (listed as one of his favorite blog sites) caught my eye because I had just seen you on a list of VEF donors (internal to VEF only) I was working with.

So let me say THANK YOU for your gifts to VEF! We are so grateful for your support. I'd love to hear how you learned of our organization and what led you to make a gift. If you want to come to Kenya some time, keep an eye out for news of one of our donor trips. Maybe you can find Naomi there, too.

And your photographs are wonderful!

Blessings to you in the new year,

Debbie Hall